Diabetic Birthday Cake Recipes
These diabetic birthday cake recipes will be a real treat at your next birthday. No one will guess that this is a diabetic cake recipe. Fluffy, yummy, colorful, and delicious! Make and enjoy!
Which one of these diabetic birthday cake recipes will your make?
2 cup Cake flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/3 cup Sugar
3 tbsp Dry buttermilk
3/4 cup Water (room temp)
1/3 cup Vegetable oil
Liquid sugar sbustitute
Equal to 1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Liquid egg substitute @ Room temp
1/4 cup Margarine @ room temp
Recipe Instructions: 1. Place dry ingredients in mixer bowl and mix at low speed to blend well.
2.Combine 3/4 cup ater, oil, sweetener, vanilla and egg substitute and mix with a fork to blend. Add margarine to flour mixture along with liquidmixture and mix with a spoon only until well blended.
3. Spread evenly in a 9-inch square pan which has been greased with margarine.
4. Bake 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees F., or until a cake tester comes out clean and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan. Cool to room temperature and cut 4 X4 to yeild 16 equal servings.
Food Exchange per serving: 1 BREAD EXCHANGE + 1 FAT EXCHANGE; CAL: 143; CHO: 17gm; PRO: 2gm; FAT: 7gm; LOW-SODIUM DIETS:Use low-sodium baking powder and salt-free margarine.
From: The New Diabetic Cookbook by Mabel Caviani, R.D. Brought to you andyours via Nancy O'Brion and her Meal-Master
4 tsp butter
1 tsp chocolate extract
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/3 cup non-fat dry milk
1 artificial sweetener to equal 1 tbs, p. sugar or to
1. Melt butter. Add remaining ingredients and blend well. To drizzle icing or make thinner sauce-type frosting add a small amount of skim milk.
Recipe Instructions: SOURCE: Sugar Free...That's me! by Judith S. Majors, copyright 1978,ISBN #0-345-28708-8. Formatted into MM by Ursula R. Taylor.
Makes 4 servings, 1 serving = 65 calories, 1 Fat Exchange and 1/4 MilkExchange. Servings: 4
A very yummy frosting to add to any diabetic birthday cake recipes.
Angel Food Ice Cream Cake
1 Angel food cake (8 inches)
1/2 Gl Vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
2 qt Fresh strawberries
Sugar substitute to taste
Recipe Instructions: 1. Cut the cake in half; tear one half into small pieces and set aside.
2. Cut the other half into 12-14 thin slices; arrange in the bottom of a wax paper lined 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan, overlapping as needed.
3. Spread softened ice cream over cake, pressing down to smooth. Gently press the small cake pieces into the ice cream. Cover and freeze.
Just before serving, slice strawberries and sweeten to taste. Cutdessert into squares and top with strawberries.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with sugar free ice creamand sugar substitute) equals 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit; also, 183calories, 131 mg sodium, 15 mg cholesterol, 34 gm carbohydrate, 6 gmprotein, 4 gm fat.
SOURCE:*Country Magazine, June/July 1994 POSTED BY: Jim Bodle 5/94 Servings: 15
A very easy and light diabetic birthday cake recipes.
Traditional Birthday Cake
2 cups sifted cake flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp margarine, softened
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 cup sugar
One of my favorite diabetic birthday cake recipes!
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar-free strawberry jam
1 cup nondairy whipped topping
Recipe Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Line two 8 inch round cake pans with parchment paper or waxed paper.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. With an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together margarine, vanilla and almond extract until fluffy.!
4. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly. Add egg; beat until mixture is fluffy. Then, stirring with a spoon, add the dry ingredients alternately with milk, stirring after each addition until batter is smooth.
5. Turn into the prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until done. When cool spread the strawberry jam between the layers. Spread whipped topping on the top. Store in refrigerator until just before serving. If you want you can add a drop of red food coloring to the whipped topping before putting it on top of cake.
busted by sooz Servings: 4
Return from Diabetic Birthday Cake Recipes to Diabetic Cake Recipes