These diabetic blueberry muffins will remind you why these are your favorite muffins. Sometimes we want to be adventurous with our muffin choices, but we know that blueberry muffins are always a safe bet! You won't have to guess if your family or friends will love these delicious easy blueberry muffins.
I love surprising my friends and family with a "hotel style breakfast." I cut up assortments of fruit, and fill a huge bowl with ice to place yogurt in. It looks really neat on the table and everyone loves the variety!
Servings: 12= 1 muffin each
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar substitute
2 egg whites
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt (non fat)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries unsweetened.
1. Cream the first two ingredients together.
2. Beat into that: the egg whites, non fat yogurt, and milk.
3. In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. All of your dry ingredients.
4. Now, mix your wet and dry ingredients with a beater. Beat for 4 minutes until the mixture is well mixed.
5. Fold the blueberries into the mixture.
6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full
7. preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
Nutritional Facts: 125 Calories, 31 Calories from Fat, 3g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 249mg Sodium, 24g Carbohydrate, 1g Fiber, 11g Sugar, 3g Protein
Dietary Exhange: 1 1/2 Starch 1/2 Fat