This diabetic flatbread recipe can be used numerous ways. I love dipping my flatbread in a hummus dip, or rolling it to make a really great sandwich wrap. Sometimes I'll cook it for dinner with rice and beans and scoop them with my flatbread or I'll have it as a side with a main course salad. You can't loose with any way that you choose to use your flatbread. :)
Servings: 8 = 1 Flatbread
Preperation Time: 8 Minutes
Optional: ( 2 tablespoons of dried tomatos, packed without oil)
1 1/2 tablespoons fat ffree Caesar dressing
1 can of refrigerated dinner rolls (11.3 ounces)
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1. If you want you flatbread to have a tomato zest, mix the tomatoes with the salad dressing. If not, in a small bowl pour the Caesar dressing and let it stand for about 5 minutes.
2. Open the refrigerated dinner rolls and seperate the dough into rolls. Take each individual roll and and roll it out into a 4 inch round circle.
3. Place all of your rounds onto a cookie/baking sheet that is coated with cooking spray.
4. Take your dressing/tomato mixture and brush it over the tops of the rounds.
5. Finish with sprinkling the parmesan cheese onto the rounds.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cook for 15 minutes.
7. Watch for the rounds to turn golden brown and remove!
Nutritional Facts: 129 Calories, 2.1g Fat, 0.0 Sat Fat, 4,3g Protein, 20.8g Carbohydrate, .3g Fiber, 0mg Cholesterol, 393mg Sodium
Dietary Exchange: 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fat A Yummy Diabetic Flatbread Recipe!