This diabetic recipe zucchini bread is one of my favorites! It is packed with wholesome goodness. The best part is that you start or end your day on the right track. Enjoy these recipes. Fix them for breakfast, dinner or even for dessert. :)
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup of whole-bran cereal ( not flakes but whole entire grains that look like buds.)
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1 cup flour ( whole wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon ( ground)
1 cup of fresh zucchini grated
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup of walnuts (chopped)
1. combine the first two ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Add the bran cereal to the buttermilk and oats. Set the bowl aside for about 30 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, using your electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar together. Do this until it become creamy.
4. Into your creamy mixture, beat the egg. Add the baking powder and soda, flour, salt, and cinnamon.
5. Add this flour mixture to your oats mixture that has been sitting for 1/2 hour. Stir the two together until it is fully combined.
6. Add the zucchini, raisins, and walnuts.
7. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
8. Fill to 2/3 full and bake for 35 minutes.
Nutritional Information/ Serving: 148 Calories, 5g Fat, 2g Sat. Fat, 23g Carbohydreates, 5g Protein, 24mg Cholesterol, 277 mg. Sodium, 3g Fiber.
Dietary Exchange: 1 1/2 Starch 1 Fat Yummy diabetic recipe zucchini bread