Here you will find diabetic smoothie recipes to appease your every mood. Everything from coffee smoothies to creamy strawberry. Sometimes I think they should be classified as a dessert but surprisingly most of them are very good for you! So, drink up, you can at least knock off one fruit serving with a delicious smoothie. Oh yeah, and besides having to clean the blender....these recipes are so simple to make!
Servings: 4 = 3/4 of a cup
1 (8) ounce plain nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup skim milk
3 packets of Equal sweetner or 1 tsp of Equal Measure
3 cups of frozen strawberries
1 cup of crushed ice
1. Combine the first 3 ingredients into a blender.
2.While the blender is on, add the strawberries slowly.
3. Blend until it is at your desired consistency
4. Add ice cubs through the lid and blend until it is smooth.
Nutrition Facts: 76 Calories, 1 Calorie from Fat, 0g of Fat, 0g of Saturated Fat, 2mg Cholesterol, 54mg Sodium, 16g of Carbohydrates, 2g Dietary Fiber, 14g of Sugar, 4g of Protein
Preparation Time: 8 Minutes Servings: 4= 1 Cup
2 cups skim milk
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup banana nonfat low sugar yogurt
1/2 cup nonfat dry skim milk powder
1/3 wheat germ
1tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 tsp Equal Measure or 8 packets
1. Blend everything together in a blender until desired consistency.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes Servings: 8= 1 cup
3 cups fat-free milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar free chocolate flavored syrup
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 quart vanilla no sugar added, fat free ice cream
1. Combine the milk, water, syrup, coffee granules, and vanilla extract into a blender. Blend until well mixed.
2. Into a small bowl, pour half of the mixture. Add 1/2 of the ice cream to the chocolate mixture in the blender. Blend until creamy.
3. Pour cream mixture from blender into a pitcher
4. Pour the remaining chocolate mixture in the bowl and remaining ice cream into the blender and repeat.
5. Pour remainder into the pitcher and serve!
Nutrition Facts: 124 Calories, .2g of Fat, .1g Saturated Fat, 7.2g Protein, 25.1g Carbohydrate, .5g of Fiber, 2mg Cholesterol, 125mg Sodium.
Exchange: 1 Starch, 1/2 Skim Milk