|Back to Back Issues Page|
Delicious Diabetic, Issue #001 -- Romantic Dinner Recipes and much more!
February 03, 2008
I love valentines day. Although, I'm a true believer in showing our love the other 364 days a year too! I think it's a day that we can log off of our computers early, not make that last phone call of the day, and prepare something special for our loved ones. I have found some wonderful diabetic romantic dinner recipes. So, get your printer ready and feel prepared for valentines day. :)
When I think of romance, I think of Italian food and fish. So, here are a few of my favorites that are perfect for valentines day! Oh, and of course.....they are easy! Which, gives you extra time to set the mood!!
Romantic Italian Valentines DInners!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
1 (10 ounce) Italian cheese falvored pizza crust (like Baboli)
1/3 cup pizza sauce
2 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup (4 ounce) preshredded part skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Place bread shell on a baking sheet, spread with pizza sauce. Top bread shell with tomato slices and sprinkle with basil and parmesan cheese.
3. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with preshredded cheese/ bake 2 to 3 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese melts.
4. Cut into 8 wedges. Yields = 4 servings!
Serving size: 2 wedges
Per serving: 326 calories, 10.9 grams of fat, 22 gram of protein, 36.4 carbohydrates, 2.5 grams of fiber, 22mg of Cholesterol, 821mg of Sodium.
2 starches, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, and 1 fat.
Dilled Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta
Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
3/4 cup sliced green onions
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
1/2 cup fat free half and half or fat free evaporated milk
1/4 cup tub style light cream cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2. Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions, lemon juice, and garlic/saute 2 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove shrimp from skillet.
3. Add half and half, cream cheese, and dill to p an, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.. Return shrimp to pan, and cook until thoroughly heated. Drain pasta, stir in shrimp mixture, and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving = 1 1/4 cups!
Per serving: 368 Calories, 9.5 grams of fat, 31 grams of protein, 37.4 grams of carbohydrates, .3 grams of fiber, 180mg of Cholesterol, 366mg Sodium.
2 1/2 starch, 3 very lean meat, and 1 fat.
To finish this decadent meal, make a great
Sweets for your Sweetheart!
I love this wheather it is for your kids, mom, or lover! Eventhough it comes with brownie mix, if you need a diabetic brownie mix check out
Diabetic Brownie Recipes!
This is a must have for years to come. You can fill it with their favorite muffin mix or give it as a gift to the baker in your life. For great diabetic muffin recipes visit
Diabetic Bread Recipes!
I've never seen anything like it! It's adorable and a creative way to say I love you. Bake your loved ones favorite casserole recipe. Or for great diabetic casserole recipe ideas visit
Diabetic Casserole Recipes!
Valentines Gifts for The EXTRA Sweet!
Alisa Roberts www.easy-diabetic-recipes.com
|Back to Back Issues Page|