Benefits of Acai - THE 39 REASONS TO DRINK ACAI IS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM "BREAKTHROUGHS IN HEALTH" VOLUME 1, ISSUE 4, 2006.
The magazine "Breakthroughs in Health" featured Acai in its November 2006 issue Volume 1, Issue 4. It states "The tiny Acai Berry offers huge promise for wellness. Acai contains one of the most potent arrays of antioxidants" that can be found.
1. Helps build a strong body by providing protein: Proteins are the primary component of some hormones and many body tissues, including muscles and organs. Proteins also make up the outer layer of hair, nails and skin. Acai has more proteins than an average egg.
2. Cleanses and detoxifies the body: Acai has been used for centuries to cleanse the body of contaminants.
3. Muscle contractions and regeneration: Acai's mix of essential amino acids and trace minerals are vital for strength and recovery after strenuous activity.
4. Increases energy and stamina: Acai's nutrients including a large amount of natural lipids provide needed energy to tackle competitive sports and daily chores.
5. Stress Relief: The acai berry can help regulate your stress levels and repair your body.
6. Improve sexual health: Acai's anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties can counter infertility due to stress, pollution and factors related to free radicals.
7. Aids body synergy: Acai's immune-system-strengthening qualities help protect the entire body.
8. A potent anti-aging food: The regenerative nutrients and strong antioxidants in acai keep cells operating optimally and may slow aging. FOR MEN
9. May help prevent prostrate enlargement: The antioxidant punch of acai maybe a powerful weapon in the fight against benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Commonly known as an enlarged prostate.
10. Helps prevent osteoporosis: Acai has a significant amount of calcium, which helps strengthen the bones, prevent fractures and can help prevent osteoporosis.
11. Menstrual cycles: Women who experience extreme menstrual pain can also benefit from acai juice. Calcium rich foods help coat the lining of the stomach and uterus, and help reduce the pain from cramps and bloating. HEART HEALTH & DIABETES The acai berry may posses the best of both the French paradox and the Mediterranean diet when it comes to heart health because of its stellar array of antioxidants, vitamins and mineral.
12. May help prevent causes of heart disease: The berry contains the antioxidants known as polyphenols, a principal source of heart protection. One anthocyanin, cyaniding-3-glucoside may improve the production of nitric oxide (NO) in endothelial cells. NO allows blood vessel walls to relax and expand, resulting in less stress on the heart, decreased risk of vessel blockage and increased blood flow.
13. Reduces bad cholesterol: In addition to its high antioxidant content, acai is rich inessential fatty acids (EFAs). A large body of research indicates that EFA's help reduce harmful LDL cholesterol while supporting levels of the beneficial HDL cholesterol, which can lead to better blood circulation. 14. Sterols may lower blood pressure (BP): Sterols are components of plant cell membranes providing numerous benefits to the human body. Sterols are sometimes used to treat symptoms associated with BP.
15. Protects blood vessels: The anthocyanins in acai protect small and large blood vessels, including veins, arteries and capillaries.
16. In diabetes: Weak capillaries can lead to a condition called retinopathy, which often leads to blindness. Acai helps protect capillaries.
17. Diabetes relief: Acai's low glycemic index improves glucose and lipid levels in diabetics.
18. Weight control: Its low glycemic index also helps control appetite and delay hunger, which can help individuals trying to lose weight.
19. Acai can improve resistance to diseases: By boosting the immune system, acai's rich nutrient profile helps boost the body's natural defenses.
20. Improved function of the immune cells: Recent findings published in the International Journal of Sports Medicine indicate that acai's beta-sitosterol prevents immune suppression and modulates lymphocytle activity.
21. Prevents free-radical damage to the immune system: Free radical damage (or oxidation) is one of the primary causes of immune weakness or dysfunction.
22. Antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal: Acai can reduce the frequency of infectious diseases.
23. Acts as an antimutagenic: Acais' antioxidant properties help prevent damage to DNA, which lowers the risk posed by carcinogens and mutagens.
AID FOR DIGESTIVE SYSTEM 24. Improve digestion: Acai's dietary fiber helps promote the health of the digestive tract, including the colon.
25. Overcomes acid-reflux disease(GERD): The broad array of antioxidants in acai may help protect and repair the lower esophagus damaged by GERD, and its acid-suppression effects reduce the acidity of stomach contents when reflux does occur.
26. Heals ulcers: The antibacterial properties of acai kill bad bacteria, fungi and parasites, including H. pylori the ulcer causing bacteria.
27. Helps prevent symptoms of Crohns diseases: Acai's anti-inflammatory abilities may prevent the malabsorption of vital nutrients by preventing damage to the wall of the small intestine.
The antioxidants in acai feed the skin and help it build and replenish itself. Acai contains more than double the daily dose of natural vitamin E which is essential for tissue regeneration.
28. Improves skin tone: Acai's phytosterols help reduce the erosion of the skin's protective coating.
29. Defends against premature wrinkles: Because it is so high in anthocyanins and phytosterols, acai helps protect connective tissue, including collagen.
30. Acts as an astringent: Astringents are substances that contract, shrink or tighten body tissues including skin. Astringents can be used to stop bleeding in small cuts or give the skin a fresh, tingling feeling.
31. May thwart cancer: The antioxidant protection of acai berry may lower cancer risks for several types, including breast, lung, skin, and stomach cancers, by neutralizing free radicals before they can damage cells.
32. Reduces arthritis pain: Anti-inflammatory properties of acai may offer relief for arthritis sufferers.
33. May reduce the risk for Alzheimer's disease: A 2004 study from the Archives of Neurology found a reduced risk of Alzheimer's disease with increased amounts of vitamins C and E, founding acai.
34. Relieves symptoms of asthma: Acai's vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties found to improve asthma symptoms.
35. Aids vision: The beta-carotene and vitamin C in acai promote eye health, including reducing the complications of macular degeneration in diabetics.
36. Helps maintain healthy teeth and gums: The calcium in acai may mean a whiter smile and stronger teeth, as well as the preventions of gingivitis and other gum diseases.
37. Improves mental clarity: Acai's omega-3 fats are crucial for proper mental function and alertness.
38. Better sleep: The B vitamins and other nutrients in acai reduce stress and help brain cells communicate by assisting with the production of neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin.
39. Promotes overall wellness: Antioxidants may prove one of the best ways to prevent disease, promote overall wellness and slow the effects of aging in an environment that is growing increasing hostile. Acai has great potential as an antioxidant supplement because research shows it has a greater activity and possibly more benefits than other fruits and vegetables with antioxidant properties. The little fruit from the Amazon may have the best overall antioxidant profile to date.
Not All Acai is created equal. Read the benefits of taking freeze dried acai.