Diabetic vegetable recipes do not have to lack in taste. In fact, these diabetic asparagus recipes gives asparagus a little kick! Asparagus has so many nutritional benefits for us that we need to do our body a favor and experiment in the way in which we fix our asparagus or our vegetables in general. I'm sure you will find something that is appealing to your taste buds. :) To start, give these diabetic asparagus recipes a try!
Servings: 4 sticks of asparagusPrep: 12 Minutes
1 1/2 pounds Asparagus;* cut diagonally into 1" pieces
2 tablespoon Fresh parsley; snipped
2 tablespoon Lemon juice;
1/4 teaspoon Salt;
2 slice Bacon; fried and chopped
1. Place steamer basket in 1/2" water in saucepan or skillet (water should not touch the bottom of basket). Place lower stalk pieces in basket. Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Steam 4 minutes.
2. Add tips. Cover tightly and steam until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes longer.
3. Toss asparagus with parsley, lemon juice and salt. Sprinkle with bacon.
Food Exchanges per serving: 1 VEGETABLE EXCHANGES + MAYBE 1/2 HIGH-FAT MEAT EXCHANGE; CAL: 75; (Bacon listed as Saturated Fat, but we wouldn't use it anyhow would we).
Source: Betty's Crocker's New American Cooking by WHOM(1983) Brought to you and yours via Nancy O'Brion and her Meal-Master
Yield 4 sweet ones
1 pounds Fresh asparagus;
2 teaspoon Olive oil;
2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese; shredded
1 Lemon; cut into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. With a pastry brush, paint the oil on the asparagus spears. Roast until tender but still crisp, 8 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of stalks. Turn spears occasionally for even cooking and to avoid browning.
2. Place asparagus spears on serving platter. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with lemon wedges.
Food Exchanges per serving: 1 VEGETABLE EXCHANGE + 1 FAT EXCHANGE; CAL: 76; PRO: 4g; CAR: 6g; 4g; CHO: 3mg; SOD: 71mg;
Joslin Diabetes Gourmet Cookbook by Bonnie Sanders Polin, & Frances Towner Giedt Brought to you and your via Nancy O'Brion and her Meal-Master.