This diabetic chinese chicken salad recipe is refreshing. Sometimes you
need a little change when it comes to salad recipes, especially if you
eat them day in and day out.
Servings:4 = 1/4 of the recipe
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup apple juice
1 teaspoon canola oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 bell peppers ( you pick the color)
2 carrots (shredded or chopped)
1 can 5 ounces of water chestnuts
1 tablespoons chopped scallions
1/2 teaspoon dried ground ginger
3 cups shredded romain lettuce
1 tablespoon unsalted peanuts
1. In a small mixing bowl mix the first 3 ingredients.
2. Cook chicken how you prefer ( broil, barbeque or bake) While cooking, continue to brush on 2 tablespoons of the sauce that you just mixed)
3. Cut chicken into desired thickness and shape
4. Add all of your goodies into the remaining sauce. Combine with the lettuce and toss to coat the entire salad.
5. Add the peanuts to garnish and voila!
Dietary Exhange: 1 Carbohydrate, 2 3/4 vegetable, 1/2 fat, 3 1/2 lean meat