These diabetic coconut muffins will appease your sweet tooth. Well, only if you are a coconut lover. :)
Servings: 12 = 1 muffin each
Preperation Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sweetned coconut (flaked)
1 cup of vanilla low fat yogurt ( 8 ounces)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
1 large egg and 1 large egg white
1. In a large mixing bowl pour in the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and coconut. Mix until combined.
2. Make a well in the center of your flour mixture
3. In a small bowl combine the yogurt, oil, coconut extract, egg, and egg white.
4. Add your wet ingredients to your flour mixture
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
6. Using a muffin tin with cups, pour batter 2/3 the way full.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, but keep an eye on the muffins!
Nutrition Information: 169 Calories, 5.9g of Fat, 1.1g Saturated Fat, 4.0g of Protein, 25.1g Carbohydrate, .6g Fiber, 19mg Cholesterol, 157mg Sodium.
Dietary Exchange: 1 1/2 starch, 1 Fat