With these Diabetic crab recipes you can eat them for lunch, dinner, or an appetizer.
Crab is a healthy delicious seafood dish that has many benefits. Crab meat has good protein, it's rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, it's low fat, and it's very tasty. :)
So, crab lovers enjoy these diabetic crab recipes...
Diabetic Crab Cakes4 Servings
1 1/2 pounds Crabmeat; backfin, cartilage and shells removed
2 tablespoons Reduced fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons Minced onion
1/2 teaspoon Hot red pepper sauce
1. Combine all ingredients and shape into 6 patties. Broil 6 inches from heat source, 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Serve immediately.
This recipe serves 6 people. Because this recipe is for a particular size pan, it adjusts the number of servings only in multiples of 6.
Per serving: calories 150, fat 3.9g, 24% calories from fat, cholesterol 110mg, protein 23.5g, carbohydrates 3.5g, fiber 0.2g, sodium 448mg. Exchanges: 3 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat. The recommended wines are: Sauvignon Blanc, FumÂ? Blanc, or White Zinfandel.
Source: webmaster@... Copyright Â© 1996-1998 Meals For You. MC Formatted & MC Busted by Barb at Possum Kingdom NOTES : Prep: 10 min, Cook: 10 min. Recipe by: American Diabetes Association's Diabetic Meals in 30 Minute Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by "abprice@..." on Mar 16, 1998
Diabetic Crab Appetizer18 Servings
7 ounces Crabmeat
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon Marjoram
1 dash Garlic Salt
1/4 cup Celery, finely chopped
3 tablespoons Onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Reduced-Calorie Mayonnaise
36 Round Crackers
1. Drain the liquid from the crabmeat into a small microwave bowl or measuring cup. Stir in the cornstarch until dissolved. Stir in the marjoram and garlic salt.
2. With the microwave on HIGH, cook for 30 seconds. Stir and return to the microwave for 30 more seconds if the mixture is not clear and thickened. Allow to cool.
3. Flake the crabmeat. Combine the flaked crabmeat, celery, onion and mayonnaise in a bowl. Stir in the crab liquid. Divide the crabmeat mixture evenly between the 36 crackers.
4. Place 12 crackers in a circle around the edge of a paper plate (do the same for two more plates). With the microwave on HIGH, cook for 30 seconds, then rotate the plate one-half turn and continue cooking for 15 seconds more.
One Serving: Calories: 59 Carbohydrates: 6 Exchange: 1/2 bread; 1/4 medium-fat meat
Source: Diabetic Microwave Cookbook, by Mary Jane Finsand Sterling Publishing (1989), ISBN 0-8069-6957-1, ISBN 0-8069-6960-1 (pbk.) Shared by: Norman R. Brown Great Diabetic Crab Recipes.
Diabetic Deviled Crab32 servings
8 ounces Cream cheese
1 cup Crab/Shrimp or combination
2 tablespoons Chopped sweet onion
2 tablespoons Skim milk
1/2 teaspoon Horseradish,br>1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1/2teaspoon Dry mustard
1. Soften cream cheese in micro on high for 2 minutes unwrapped in a glass dish. Mix all remaining ingredients into cheese and bake on medium high for 4-6 minutes or until hot.
Serve with vegetable sticks, french bread cubes or crackers. 32 servings 1 Tablespoon = 50 calories Submitted By JANE KNOX On 10-20-94Great Diabetic Crab Recipes.
Diabetic Crab Sandwiches
1 pounds Lump crabmeat
2 tablespoons Low fat mayonnaise; plus 2 teaspoons
2 teaspoons Fresh parsley; minced
2 teaspoons Fresh tarragon; minced
1 tablespoon Scallions; plus 1 tsp., minced
1/4 pounds Low fat cream cheese
2 Eggs; beaten
3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 English muffins; split and toasted
4 slices Tomato
1. Combine the crab, mayonnaise, parsley, tarragon, and scallions in a medium bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, and mustard. Spread the crab mixture over the English muffins. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top, and broil the muffins 6 inches from the heat source for 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomato slices and broil again for 2 more minutes.
Per serving: calories 386, fat 13.1g, 31% calories from fat, cholesterol 233mg, protein 34.4g, carbohydrates 29.8g, fiber 2.0g, sodium 927mg. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat, 2 Starch. The recommended wines are: Chenin Blanc or FumÂ? Blanc.
Source: webmaster@... Copyright Â© 1996-1998 Meals For You. MC Formatted & MC Busted by Barb at Possum Kingdom NOTES : Prep: 10 min, Cook: 5 min. Recipe by: The American Diabetes Association's Flavorful Seasons Cookb Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by "abprice@..." on Mar 21, 1998 Great Diabetic Crab Recipes.
Diabetic Crab Recipes - Crab Tips1. To defrost, place crab in the refrigerator overnight.
2. For a speedy defrost, wrap it up in cling wrap and place it in cold water. 2 pounds = 1 hour.
3. Crab can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days. Cooked crab can be frozen for 4 months.
Return from Diabetic Crab Recipes to Diabetic Fish Recipes
Return Home to Easy Diabetic Recipes
Leave us a comment in the box below.