These diabetic pizza recipes will be a real hit with your kids and you! Pizza has been kids favorite food for decades.These diabetic pizza recipes can be made for a birthday party or just for the dinner table. I love involving the children in the cooking process. Pizza is a perfect dish to do this with. Have them customize their own mini personal pizzas. It's fun for everyone! !
Servings: 8 = 1 pizza each
Recipe Ingredients: 4 oz Canadian bacon, cut 1/4" dice
4 pita breads - (6" dia)
3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced,
and separated into rings
1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp crushed dried basil
1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
Olive oil cooking spray, as needed
Recipe Instructions: P1. reheat the broiler.
2. Sauté the bacon in a nonstick skillet over high heat for 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
3. Split the pitas by using a serrated knife to cut all the way around the perimeter of each pita bread. Arrange on a large baking sheet, cut-side up, and toast under a broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until just barely colored.
4. Divide tomato and onion between the pita rounds and sprinkle with the bacon.
5. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, basil, and pepper flakes. Sprinkle evenly over the rounds and broil for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned around the edges.
Cut each pizza round into quarters and arrange on a napkin-lined platter.
This recipe yields 8 pizzas.
Exchanges Per 1-pizza Serving: 1 Lean Protein, 1 1/2 Carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1 vegetable).
Nutrition Facts: 158 calories (23% calories from fat), 11 g protein, 4 g total fat (1.9 g saturated fat), 20 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 15 mg cholesterol, 79 mg potassium, 473 mg sodium.
Source: "Diabetic Recipes at http://www.diabetic-recipes.com" S(Formatted for MC6): "07-17-2002 by Joe Comiskey - email@example.com" Copyright: "© Diabetic-Lifestyle, 2001" Servings: 8
Recipe Ingredients: 1 thin-crust Italian bread shell, (11 1/2" dia)
1 cup Contadina Original Pizza Sauce
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/3 cups shredded part-skim-milk (1/3 less fat)
1/2 tsp crushed dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed dried basil
Crushed red pepper flakes, (optional), to taste
Recipe Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the shell on an ungreased 12-inch nonstick pizza pan.
2. To assemble the pizza, spread the pizza sauce over the shell, leaving a 1-inch border around the rim. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and half of the mozzarella.
3. Sprinkle evenly with oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes (if using). Top with remaining mozzarella.
4. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted and browned. Cut into 6 wedges.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Exchanges Per Serving: 1 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Carbohydrate (1 1/2 bread/starch), 1 Fat.
Nutrition Facts: 215 calories (31% calories from fat), 13 g protein, 8 g total fat (3.8 g saturated fat), 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 18 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium.
Source:"Diabetic Recipes at http://www.diabetic-recipes.com"S(Formatted for MC6):"07-17-2002 by Joe Comiskey - firstname.lastname@example.org"Copyright:"© Diabetic-Lifestyle, 2001" Servings: 6