Dr Oz Diabetes - So, yesterday i was glued to the Oprah show discussing Diabetes in our Country. It gave us all some thing to think about whether or not we agree with EVERYTHING that was said.
started off saying, "Diabetes is preventable, treatable, and curable."
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... 90% of diabetics make up the type 2
population. That is what they focused on. I wish they would have
discussed all the types in a little depth. Well, here are the notes.
Take it or leave them and respond to what you think at the bottom of the
Little Diabetic Facts
1.60 million diabetics are walking around not taking this disease seriously.
2. There are 86,000 amputations a year are done due to this illness.
3. Only 10% of diabetics are type 1.
4. Type 2 diabetes is the fasted growing disease in America.
5. Each person eats 150 pounds of sugar per year. It is next to impossible for our body to keep up with it. 6. Diabetes is a controllable illness if you work hard at it. Almost ALWAYS you can reverse it.
7. Number 1 most important thing we can do - test, test, test.
Dr. Oz Warning Signs - Dr Oz Diabetes
1. Constant thirst.
2. Frequent urination.
3. Non healing infections.
4. Tingling toes.
5. Blurred Visions.
Are You At Risk? - Dr Oz Diabetes
1. Belly fat
2 Sedentary lifestyle
3. Family history
5. If you waist size is more than 1/2 of your height your risk for diabetes goes way way up.
Best Life Diet For Diabetics - Bob Green
Oprah had her personal trainer on the show, Bob Green, to discuss his new book The Best Life Guide to Managing Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes. The book is awesome with a lot of helpful tips and yummy recipes.
plays a huge role in reversing diabetes. We don't move as much anymore.
In fact just by moving 30 minutes a day can cut your risk down by 60%.
60% is a HUGE number. 30 minutes a day is not that long. What happened
to the days were we used to walk to the grocery store or take our kids
on a bike ride? Get moving and you will see a huge difference. In fact
exercise helps lower blood sugar!
Food Tips By Bob Green
1. One regular soda a day increases your risk for diabetes by 83%.
HOLY MOLY! Take that soda out of the fridge and chuck it into the
2. The average doughnut has 13 teaspoons of sugar. OUCH!
3. Eliminate white junk such as white flour, white bread, white foods! A piece of white bread is like having a candy bar. It so quickly turns into sugar.
4. Cut out the fried foods. There are delicious ways to bake your chicken and have it taste yummy too.
5. Legumes helps lower blood sugar as well as protein.
6. Cider Vinegar changes the glycemic index of the food. So pour a little on your salad or directly on your food!